- Insert the CD that you have just burnt in your drive.
- Restart your computer.
At restart, the computer will boot from the CD.
- If the Rescue CD starts, go to step 3.
- If Windows starts instead of the CD, you have to go to the boot menu to modify the boot sequence.
Generally to go to the boot menu, you have to press Del key or F12 many times during the restart of your computer. Then, go to Boot tab and to Boot Device Priority to put the device in which the Rescue CD is in first position. Save changes and exit the BIOS setup.
This menu appears :To start the AntiVir Rescue System, type 1 (Boot AntiVir Rescue System (default)) and press Enter to confirm.Note :
- If the Rescue CD does not work, please disable floppy disk and try again.
- If you encounter display problems when booting on the Rescue CD (wrong colours, cut image, …), when the Rescue CD boot menu appears, please type 3 and try all the display modes until you find the right.
These windows will appear. By default, the selected language is English but you can change it by clicking on the corresponding flag.
You will be asked to update. Choose Yes if you have an Internet connection and an outdated Rescue CD. If you just download the Rescue CD before launching it, it is not necessary to update as it is already the last version.
If you want, you can go to the Miscellaneous tab where you can change the font and find some tools like an integrated browser (click on www.avira.com to open it), the commandline…
Click on the Configuration tab and check if you want, in addition to the default threat categories, Security Privacy Risk (SPR/ detection).
Then return to the Virus scanner tab and click on Start scanner. The scan runs and the detected malwares are repaired or renamed if they cannot be repaired.
When the scan is finished, you can save the scan report by clicking on Save and then by choosing where to save it.
- To finish, click on Shutdown and then on Restart.
- Boot on Windows normally. Run a full system scan with AntiVir to quarantine all the renamed files (.XXX extension).