Have you ever considered what makes an anti-malware application effective? Malwarebytes have created an easy-to-use, simple, and effective anti-malware application. Whether you know it or not your computer is always at risk of becoming infected with viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and malware that are constantly evolving and becoming harder to detect and remove. Only the most sophisticated anti-malware techniques can detect and remove these malicious programs from your computer.
Malwarebytes Antimalware is considered to be the next step in the detection and removal of malware. In Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware product they have compiled a number of new technologies that are designed to quickly detect, destroy, and prevent malware. Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware can detect and remove malware that even the most well known anti-virus and anti-malware applications fail to detect. Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware monitors every process and stops malicious processes before they even start. The Realtime Protection Module uses their advanced heuristic scanning technology which monitors your system to keep it safe and secure. In addition, they have implemented a threats center which will allow you to keep up to date with the latest malware threats.
Activating the full version unlocks realtime protection, scheduled scanning, and scheduled updating. It is a one time fee of $24.95.
- Support for Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7.
- Light speed quick scanning.
- Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware Protection Module. (requires registration)
- Database updates released daily.
- Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
- Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
- Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware performance.
- A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
- Multi-lingual support.
- Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
- Command line support for quick scanning.
- Context menu integration to scan files on demand.
- Download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware from links below.
- Once the download is complete, run the file, choose the language, click on I accept the agreement, select destination location, select or not additional icons and then click on Install. Once the installation is complete, make sure that Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware are checked when you click Finish.
[box type=”info”]Before running Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware full scan, please disable your antivirus guard temporarily to avoid conflicts.[/box]
- Select Perform full scan, click the Scan button and then select all the drives.
[box type=”alert”]Never forget to check for update before scan as scan would not be effective without updated database, you can do this by going to Update tab and check for update.[/box]
- This process could take a while so let it run as you use your computer for other tasks.
- Once the scan is complete a Malwarebytes’ dialog box appears. Click the OK button …
… and then the Show Results button.
- Click the Remove Selected button to move to quarantine all the results in the list. (In This step if you doubt detected files are real malware, read the note below)
*If you doubt detected files are malware, click on Save Logfile and send the log to a tech and wait for have opinion from them to prevent delete important files.
- A mbam-log Notepad window appears that you can close, also you can save this log file on Desktop to send it to a tech later for review to get more advise if needed.
- To complete the disinfection, click on Yes to restart your computer.