Using Dr.Web Antivirus Removal Tool
Download and run the removal tool from here: ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/tools/drw_remover.exe
Manual removal of older version:
How to remove Dr.Web for Windows v.4.44 (under Windows NT/2000/XP only) from a computer after incorrect uninstallation?
- In an editor of the registry open the following registry branch:
If DrWebScheduler and SpIDerNT keys are still present, remove them.
- Uninstallation of SpIDer Mail® (“spiderml.exe -remove”)
If the spiderml.exe file is not present on your hard drive, it might be simply removed instead of performing uninstallation properly. You can get the spiderml.exe from another computer and launch it on your machine with the –remove key to make sure that it is uninstalled. If it has been uninstalled, you will get “SpIDer Mail is not installed” (there is nothing to uninstall).
- Make sure that drivers and services related to SpIDer Guard® have been uninstalled: run spidernt.exe -remove
If SpIDer Guard is removed but you are not sure if it has been uninstalled correctly check the following registry branches:
If found, remove them.
- Delete the entire HKLMSOFTWAREIDAVLab branch.
- If any of the following Dr.Web keys (related to the Add and Remove Program) still exist, delete them:
- HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallDr.Web for Windows 95-XP
- Remove Dr.Web shortcuts from your desktop and from Start–Programs if there are any.
- In order to remove the “Scan with Dr.Web” option from the context menu you need to unregister drwsxtn.dll. Choose Start-Run and enter the following string:
regsvr32 “C:Program FilesDrWebdrwsxtn.dll” /u
In this template we assume that Dr.Web software was installed to ‘C:Program FilesDrWeb’. After rebooting your system you will be able to remove drwsxtn.dll and other files that had to be removed.
- Remove contents of the Dr.Web directory (system restart may be required to remove some files found in the directory).
Besides remove spider.cpl from %windir%system32 and drwebnet.sys from %windir%system32drivers.
- Reboot your system. After that you may need to perform step (8) once again.