Some errors might occur when deleting Kaspersky Lab products via Start > Control Panel > AddRemove Programs. As a result the application may not uninstall correctly or remnants of the application may remain in the system.
Removal utility enables complete uninstall of the following products:
- Kaspersky PURE
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus (all versions)
- Kaspersky Internet Security (all versions)
- AVP Tool driver
- Under 64-bit OSs the removal utility does not uninstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0/7.0 and Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0/7.0.
- The utility deletes activation information. Therefore, you are required to activate a newly installed Kaspersky Lab product once again.
In order to fully uninstall the product:
- save the uninstall utility on your computer:
- run the file kavremover.exe
- enter the code from the picture. If you cannot read the code from the picture, click on the button next to the picture to generate a new code
- in the Following products were detected section select the required product to be uninstalled. If you wish to delete some products, it is required to delete them separately.
- If the utility has not detected any Kaspersky Lab product but you are sure that one of the above mentioned applications is installed on your computer, select the installed product from the list. Alternatively, you can also select Remove all known products.
- Kaspersky Lab experts do not recommend to select the Remove all known products variant in cases if you are not sure that a Kaspersky Labproduct is installed on your computer.
- click on the button Remove
- the removal process may take some minutes
- wait until a dialog window appears to inform you that the product was successfully removed
- click OK
- reboot your computer.
By default, a log file with the name kavremvr xxxx-xx-xx xx-xx-xx (pid xxxx).txt will be saved in the folder where the utility is located.