Trend Micro version 2005 – 2009
Please download the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit and use it to remove Trend Micro programs currently installed on your system or remaining components from programs that have already been uninstalled from your computer.
To do this, follow the instructions below:
- 1. Download the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit and save it onto your desktop using the links below:
Find if I’ve a 32-Bit or 64-Bit Windows.
If you are not sure how to download the file, follow the steps below:
- Click on the link appropriate for your operating system from the options above.
- When the File Download window appears, click Save.
- When you see the Save As window prompting you for the location for the save, select Desktop from the left pane then click Save.
- Wait while the file is downloaded onto your desktop. A window showing the download progress will appear.
- Once you have downloaded the file, go to the Download Complete window and click Run.Note: If you do not see the Download Complete window or close it accidentally, go to your desktop and double-click on the file you have just downloaded. This will appear as either SupportTool_32-bit or SupportTool_64-bit.
- When the extraction window opens up, click Unzip.
- Once the file finishes extracting, click OK and close the window.
- Go to your desktop and double-click on the new folder (this will be named either 32-bit or 64-bit) to open it.
- Once inside the folder, double-click on the TISTOOL.exe file. This file is marked with a red-and-white lifesaver icon.
The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit window will appear.
- Go to the Uninstall tab and click 1. Uninstall. The Uninstall tab is the fifth tab on the toolkit window if your program is currently installed and the second tab if it has been previously uninstalled and you are removing remaining components.
- The next action you take depends on whether your program is currently installed on your computer.
- If your program is currently installed, the tool will automatically detect the version. When you see this, click Uninstall.
- If you are removing remaining components from a program that has already been uninstalled, select the product from the dropdown list and click Uninstall.
- Wait while all the product’s components are uninstalled.
- Once the removal is complete and you are prompted to restart your computer so the changes can take effect, click Yes.
Trend Micro 2010
- Go to Start or the Windows Orb > Programs or All Programs > Trend Micro Internet Security Pro or Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware or Trend Micro Internet Security > Trend Micro Support Diagnostic Toolkit.
- When the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit window appears, go to the [E] Uninstall tab and click 1. Uninstall Software.
- When you are asked to confirm the program removal, click Uninstall.
- Wait until the program is completely uninstalled from your computer.
- When the removal is finished and you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.
- Wait while your system restarts. Once it has, the changes will have taken effect and your program will have been completely uninstalled.
Trend Micro Anti-Spyware 3.x for Consumer and SpySubtract
To remove remnants of Trend Micro Anti-Spyware and SpySubtract, please follow the instructions below:
- Close all open programs.
- Download the fix tool.
- On the File Download window, click Save.
- Once the Save As window appears, click Desktop as the location and click Save.
- On your desktop, double-click on the downloaded file, TMAS_&_SpySubtract_Remover.exe.
- Your desktop icons will disappear and a notification will appear when it is finished running. Click OK.
- Once done, clear your browser’s cache.